Government Medical College, Shivpuri is governed by an Autonomous Society registered under Madhya Pradesh Societies Registration Act on 25th November 2017.
Introduction to its genesis:
Government of India has proposed to establish New Medical Colleges to promote and enhance Medical Education as well as to minimise the shortage of doctors in the country.
Under this scheme, it was proposed that Shivpuri Medical College will be established for 100 M.B.B.S. students admissions.
For this purpose, District Hospital Shivpuri, which is functioning as multi-speciality 300 bedded Hospital, will be upgraded to 470 beds as per the norms of Medical Council of India.
Medical College will be headed by Dean, who will be Member Secretary for the Autonomous Society. The Executive Committee of this autonomous society will be headed by Commissioner, Gwalior division. This autonomous society will be governed by its Executive Committee and General Body.
Government of Madhya Pradesh will monitor it through Director Medical Education, Commissioner Medical Education and Additional Chief Secretary Medical Education.
Structure and Objectives of the College :
Shivpuri Medical College is being built to develop medical students par excellence, with objectives of modern medical education along with research facilities.
The College in future will affiliate all the Medical, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy and Paramedical Institutes in one campus.
For this reason, the land already acquired is over 54 acres.
It is proposed that the campus of Medical College will have sufficient facilities for state-of-art teaching facilities.
The broad objectives of the college shall be:
1. Generation of knowledge in medical sciences and allied fields by fostering and promoting medical research.
2. To establish centres for research and for conducting integrated teaching courses.
3. To run various postgraduate courses and PhD programmes.
4. To affiliate and coordinate the functioning of all the medical and allied colleges.
5. To standardize and update regularly the curriculum and syllabus of courses conducted by the medical institutions.
6. To design new courses and curriculum based on the advances in medical science.
7. To regulate the academic standards of the affiliated colleges.
8. To regulate and organize the examinations and evaluation process in the affiliated colleges.
9. To decide upon the process and criteria for selection of the students admitted to the affiliated colleges.
10. To promote preventive and promotive aspects of health.
11. To organize faculty development programme.
12. To give leadership to the medical human resource development planning for the state.
13. To give leadership to health planning and health policy formulation for the state.
14. To Give thrust to epidemiological studies, monitoring and surveillance systems of the diseases prevalent in Madhya Pradesh.
15. To act as the nodal agency for the linkages with other national and international institutions.
The academic philosophy is to create Seamless Society with global opportunities where there are no islands of elitism or conclaves of wisdom. The basic academic philosophy is to create a knowledge society where knowledge would be symmetric amongst all seekers. Every citizen must have right to study and gain knowledge. The ecology of the college depends on a deep and abiding understanding of inquiry, investigation, and discovery along with prudent decision making, which is the heart of an enterprise. Everyone at the college should be a learner. That shared mission binds together all that happens on a campus. The teaching responsibility of the college is’ to make its entire students participant in the mission.
The college works, to provide its students a foundation for successful lifelong learning. The curriculum emphasizes inquiry and critical analysis, independent research. Collaborative work. Engagement with society, and effective services skills. The College strives to nurture its student love of learning and to develop their ability to critically assess problems. The College encourages discovery, creativity, initiative, responsibility, collaboration, leadership, and independent thought. These are the attributes that enhance opportunities for individuals, organizations, and society as a whole.
Conceptual Master Plan for Main Campus Developments:
The Site: The site is selectively chosen considering main points for better academic atmosphere. It is perfect site located within the close was spread over 55 acres with pollution free environment. The main features of land were its load bearing capacity and elevation from main connectivity road which was the ideal condition for building Construction.
Design concept: The echo disturbances have been designed to be minimized to avoid disturbances to one activity from the other. It also provides an excellent conference hall with all required moderm facilities. Other construction features ‘accommodate the directive and norms of MEDICAL COUNCIL in terms of space and specifically a provision has been made for increased intake in second session without any further modification/alteration of the structure.
Proposed Land Use Pattern:
The construction of the Infrastructure building will be raised 55496.98 sqm. (Total Built Up Area). (approx.).
Building will be ready for occupation along with sufficient vehicle parking area, sports and recreation ground etc.
Last updated on February 25th, 2018