GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE SHIVPURI, M.P
This charter seeks to provide a framework which enables our users to know –
- The services available in this hospital
- The quality of services
- The means through which complaints regarding denial or poor quality of service will be redresses
Our mission is to ensure that all our users receive courteous and prompt attention.
Standards of Service:
- This is a Medical College and Hospital for teaching and multispecialty patient care hospital
- It provides medical care to all patients who come to the hospital;
- Standards are influenced by patients load and availability of resources;
- Our Mission is to Provide prompt and world –class health care at affordable rates
Local Address: Near Katha Mill, Gwalior Bypass Highway, Madhya Pradesh 473638, India
District Hospital, Shivpuri.
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES:
Timing 24 hrs, 365 days:
- Casualty medical officers and residents available 24 hours on all days
- Call days are fixed for various Consultants and are available round the clock.
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) – Clinics –
- General OPD (Medicine, Surgery, Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Eye, ENT, Orthopedics and Dental : 8 AM to 1 PM & 5 P.M to 6 P.M
- Specialty Clinics (Immunization & Well baby, High Risk New born Follow-up, Asthma,)
- Registration Counter open 24 hours
Laboratory: Sample collection during OPD hours
Radiology: During OPD hours
Blood Bank (Licensed) facilities available in the Hospital round the Clock (24 x 7)
- All patients admitted in various wards of the hospital are treated as per the hospital policy.
- Diet provided to all indoor patients.
- Visitors are allowed only at notified visiting hours : 4 to 6 PM on all days, 10am-12pm on Sundays and holidays
- Facility of free treatment for Economically Weaker Section
- Staff nurses are on duty round the clock in the wards.
- Admitted patients should contact the staff nurse / Floor manager for any medical assistance they need
- Wheel chairs and stretchers are available for non-ambulatory patients.
- Ambulance available, on payment, round the clock.
- There is a standby generator to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity.
- Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available.
- Pharmacy service is located on the ground floor.
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS
- There may be occasions when our services may not be up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to lodge your complaints with our MS.
- The Hospital is a no smoking and no alcohol zone
- At Government Autonomous Medical College Shivpuri & Associated Hospital, we respect the individuals and their personal and unique needs.
- We expect that the observance of patients’ rights will support mutual cooperation and greater satisfaction for the patients and hospital staff alike.
As a patient you have the right to
- Know the name, identity and professional status of all the people providing services to you and to know the physician who is primarily responsible for your care.
- Receiv e complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis in terms that you can understand.
- Accept or refuse any procedure, drug or treatment, and to be informed of the consequences of any such refusal.
- If there is conflict between you and your parents/ guardian regarding your exercise of this right, you and parents / guardian may need to participate in conflict resolution procedure.
- Expect that all communications and records related to your care will be treated confidentially.
- Obtain supportive care, particularly in critical illness or terminal illness, in management of severe pain and in bereavement.
- Obtain consultation with another physician regarding your care. This consultation may results in additional cost to you or your family.
- Request consultation with the hospital Ethics Committee regarding ethical issues involved in your care.
- Be transferred to other facility at your request or when medically appropriate and legally permissible. You have a right to be given a complete explanation concerning the need for such transfer. The facility to which you will be transferred must first accept you as a patient.
- Know if your care involves research or experimental methods of treatment. You have the right to consent or refuse to participate.
- Examine your bills and receive an explanation of the charges regardless of the source of payment for your care.
- Be informed of any hospital polices, procedure rules & regulations applicable to your care.
As a Patient it is your responsibility –
- To provide all personal and family health information needed to provide you with appropriate care.
- This includes reporting if you are in pain, or require pain relief.
- To participate to the best of your ability in making decisions about your medical treatment, and to comply with the agreed upon plan of care.
- To ask questions to your physician or other care providers when you do not understand any information or instructions.
- To inform your physician or other care provider if you desire a transfer of care to another physician, care giver or facility.
- To be considerate of others receiving and providing care.
- To comply with facility policies and procedures, including those regarding smoking, maintaining low noise level, and number of visitors.
- To accept financial responsibility for health care services and settle bills promptly
Responsibilities of the User
The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our uses.
Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean. Please use the facilities of this hospital with care.
The Hospital is a “No Smoking Zone” and smoking is a Punishable Offence. Please provide useful feedback & constructed suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.
- No Smoking Please”
- Don ‘t spit here & there
- Use Dustbin
- Keep Hospital Clean
- Give regards to Ladies and Senior Citizens